Request a Quote for Tour Packages
Your Name:
Mobile No:
Your E-Mail:
Enter your message here:
Enter code in the box right:

Holiday Destination: Limerick

Limerick is a city in Ireland. It is located in the Mid West Region and is also part of the province of Munster. Limerick City Council is the local authority for the city. The city is built on several curves and islands of the River Shannon, which spreads into an estuary shortly downriver from Limerick. It is the third most populous city in the state and is the first to receive the designation of City of Culture. Limerick is one of the constituent cities of the Cork Limerick Galway corridor which has a population of 1 million people. It is located at a strategic position on the River Shannon with four main crossing points near the city centre. The treaty offered toleration to Catholicism and full legal rights to Catholics that swore an oath of loyalty to William and Mary. The Treaty was of national significance as it ensured closer British and Protestant dominance over Ireland. The city dates from at least the Viking settlement in 812. The Normans redesigned the city in the 12th century and added much of the most notable architecture, such as King John's Castle and St Mary's Cathedral.


Summer 20 °C (68 °F), Winter 3 °C (37 °F)

Tourist Season

Summer is the best for visiting Limerick.


Hotels and Apartments.

General Information Of Limerick

  • Land Area: 19.8 sq mi (51.3 km2)
  • Population: 57 Thousand.
  • Capital City: Limerick.
  • Language: Irish and English.

Tourist Attraction in or Near by Limerick

King John's Castle

King John's Castle is a castle located on King's Island in Limerick, Ireland, next to the River Shannon.nThe walls, towers and fortifications remain today, and are a visitor attraction. The remains of a Viking settlement were uncovered during the construction of a visitor centre at the site. The Viking sea king, Thormodr Helgason, built the first permanent Viking stronghold on Inis Sibhtonn. He used the base to raid the length of the River Shannon from Lough Derg to Lough Ree, pillaging ecclesiastical settlements. They were defeated again when the chief of the local Dalcassian clan joined with Ceallachán, king of Munster and the Limerick Vikings were forced to pay tribute to the clans. The arrival of the Anglo Normans to the area in 1172 changed everything. Domhnall Mór Ó Briain burned the city to the ground in (1174) in a bid to keep it from the hands of the new invaders. After he died in 1194, the Anglo Normans finally captured the area in 1195, under John, Lord of Ireland. In 1197, local legend claims Limerick was given its first charter and its first Mayor, Adam Sarvant.

Angela's Ashes Walking Tour

This walking tour is based on locations featured in Angela's Ashes, the Pulitzer Prize winning book by the late Frank McCourt. This book is a major best seller world wide and the film starred Robert Carlyle and Emily Watson. Location route includes Arthur's Quay, River Shannon, Windmill Street, Barrack Hill, Leamy's School, Parnell Street and much more.

St Mary's Cathedral, Limerick

St Mary's is a cathedral of the Church of Ireland in Limerick city, Ireland which is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary. It is in the ecclesiastical province of Dublin. Previously the cathedral of the Diocese of Limerick, it is now one of three cathedrals in the United Dioceses of Limerick and Killaloe. The cathedral is open to the public throughout the week, subject to church services. Limerick Cathedral is dedicated to the Blessed Virgin Mary was founded in 1168 and is the oldest building in Limerick which is in daily use. It has the only complete set of misericords left in Ireland.

Hunt Museum

The Hunt Museum is a museum in the city of Limerick, Ireland. Holding a personal collection donated by the Hunt family, it was originally situated in the University of Limerick, before being moved to its present location in 1997. It can now be visited in the old custom house, an historic 18th century building by the River Shannon in Rutland Street, in central Limerick. The east end of Limerick's quays began at this area of the river, recently made home to a marina. The Hunt Museums Trust was established in 1974 to hold the Collection and the property at Craggaunowen a 16th century four storey tower house, typical of late medieval Ireland, purchased and restored by John and Gertrude Hunt) in trust on behalf of the people of Ireland.

Lough Gur Visitor Centre

Lough Gur is a lake in County Limerick, Ireland between the towns of Herbertstown and Bruff. The lake forms a horseshoe shape at the base of Knockadoon Hill and some rugged elevated countryside. It is one of Ireland's most important archaeological sites. Humans have lived near Lough Gur since about 3000 BC and there are numerous megalithic remains there. Grange stone circle the largest stone circle in Ireland and a dolmen are located near the lake. The remains of at least three crannogs are present, and remains of Stone Age houses have been unearthed the house outlines are known as The Spectacles. A number of ring forts are found in the area, with one hill fort overlooking the lake. Some are Irish national monuments. A visitors' centre is open beside Lough Gur, along with a car park and picnic area. The location is pleasant, particularly in the summer months. A gradual shore-line is present at the visitor area, with a shallow section of lake reaching up to the maintained lawn. As a result, the area is often used for water sports. Motorised craft are banned on the lake.

Limerick City Gallery of Art

Limerick City Gallery of Art is an art museum in the city of Limerick, Republic of Ireland. It is run by Limerick City Council and is located in Pery Square. The gallery is housed in a Romanesque Revival building which was constructed in 1906 as a Carnegie library and museum. The Limerick City Collection of Art was established in 1936, it has since taken over the Carnegie building and expanded into a purpose built extension. The permanent collection includes 18th, 19th, and 20th century Irish artworks. It has occupied Carnegie Building in Perry Square Limerick for many years now, and was extended in 2012 into People’s Park to accommodate a new storage space, a cafe, a workshop area and public facilities. This recent renovation makes it an ideal venue for the festival.

Treaty Stone

The Treaty of Limerick ended the Williamite war in Ireland between the Jacobites and the supporters of William of Orange. It concluded the Siege of Limerick. The treaty really consisted of two treaties which were signed on 3 October 1691. Reputedly they were signed on the Treaty Stone, an irregular block of limestone which once served as a mounting block for horses. This stone is now displayed on a pedestal in Limerick city. Because of the treaty, Limerick is sometimes known as the Treaty City. This treaty had 29 articles, which were agreed upon between Lieutenant General Ginkle, Commander in Chief of the English army, and the Lieutenant Generals D'Usson and de Tessé, Commanders in Chief of the Irish army. The articles were signed by D'Usson, Le Chevalier de Tesse, Latour Montfort, Patrick Sarsfield, Colonel Nicholas Purcell of Loughmoe, Mark Talbot, and Piers, Viscount Galmoy.

Pery's Square

Perry Square is one of the series of city squares planned by famed surveyor Andrew Ellicott in downtown Erie, Pennsylvania, USA. The park diverts the flow of 6th Street for two wooded city blocks bisected by State Street, which separates the city's eastern and western halves. The park is bounded by French Street on the east and Peach Street on the west, while Park Row North and Park Row South carry 6th Street traffic around the northern and southern sides of the square. There is a gazebo in the center of the western block, and a fountain in the center of the eastern block. Adjacent to the park are Erie City Hall, the US Federal Court House, the Erie County Courthouse, Gannon University, the old Erie County Public Library, the Richford Arms, Erie Insurance Group, the Erie Club, and the North Park Row business block.

Sarsfield Bridge

As with other cities in Ireland, Limerick has a history of great architecture. A 1574 document prepared for the Spanish ambassador attests to its wealth and fine architecture. Limerick is stronger and more beautiful than all the other cities of Ireland, well walled with stout walls of hewn marble. There is no entrance except by stone bridges, one of the two of which has 14 arches, for the most part the houses are of square stone of black marble and built in the form of towers and fortresses. Many examples remain in the city to the present day though much has been lost also, through wars, decay and modern development. Present day Limerick has perhaps not as extensive historical architecture as other Irish cities, though some very notable examples remain, such as the 800 year old St. Mary's Cathedral and King John's Castle.


Bus Terminal in or Near by

Limerick Bus Station

Parnell Street
Co. Limerick, Ireland

Ennis Bus and Train Station

Limerick, Ireland


Shannon Airport: For International and Domestic flights.

Railway Stations

Limerick Train Station

Parnell Street
Co. Limerick, Ireland

Mallow Railway Station

Limerick Road
Mallow, Co. Cork, Ireland

Write Review
Your Name:

Your Review: Note: HTML is not translated!

Rating: Bad            Good

Enter the code in the box below: